Saturday, October 4, 2008

Crippled Couple


I had surgery yesterday,Friday, on my foot. Hopefully, I'll have a new foot. They took a bone chip out that was embedded in my tendon, reanchored a tendon, and did some treatment on 2 more tendons. It was lay flat on my back until Monday night with my foot above my heart or be in a hard cast for 8 weeks. I opted for the lay on my back. I didn't think I'd be quite so layed up. Oh well! I will hopefully be able to run, jump, walk, and skip again without a swollen foot. It has been swollen for 3 years. My poor husband hurt his back so we're quite the couple right now. He got injections on Thursday to try and help it. He is going to have to have his back fused eventually. We're just trying to by some time. He's moving a little better, but still really sore. We are hopeful however. We just laugh.

3 comments:

Bkay said...

I hope you are feeling okay. It sounds like everything went well. Would you like visitors and some dinner? I would love to help out. Then, I could work on Erik's back...before they have to fuse it.

danielandjamaica said...

YEAH! You have only needed that done for forever no? As soon as you are up for some running around you better come down and do some races with me! And we'll find some up there too. I wish I had an excuse to lay down and not move! :) Hope you are up soon though. Take it easy so you recover good and don't need it again. :) When is UEA for your kids?

brandonandlexee said...

You are FINALLY getting that fixed?? That is insane, you had been complaining about your foot long before you moved away from us:) Good to see ya, I can't get over how big Kiersten is!!! I think she made the most drastic change but it's still crazy how big the others are too. keep in touch...