So I am trying out a new dr. (endocrinologist), and am not sure about her and her office. I went in for all kinds of stuff (hormones, aches, thyroid, etc.) and kind of felt like they thought I was crazy. Now this makes me mad because I know my body and have lived with this crap forever. I'm not the healthiest fish in the sea, nor have I ever been. They didn't listen and blamed everything on the compounding hormones I was taking because they don't like them. Then she asked me about my weight. This is how our conversation went:
Dr.: "How's your weight been?"
Me: "Not so good. I've been trying but have had no success."
Dr.: "Well, do you DO anything?"
Me: "Yes, I ride bike, pilates, walk, etc. As much as I can with my foot, since I'm not cleared by my dr. to do much."
Dr." Well, try Southbeach or Weight Watchers."
Me: " I tried Southbeach under a dr.'s supervision and had NO success."
Dr.: "Well, try Weight Watchers then. And when you come back we'll talk about your eating habits."
At this point I felt like slapping her. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't sit around and eat bon bons all day. She was really pleasant let me tell you. This is what I decided. I will do their tests and things, see what they do with the results, and then either stick it out for a little while or switch to someone else. She is the only one on my insurance so if I see another one, I will have to pay. However, I have to have some of these issues resolved, and they aren't very pleasant people. I want to get a good repoire going with a dr. who believes me and doesn't think I'm crazy. We'll see what happens. I truly felt like pulling my hair out when I left their office.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so frustrating. I'm having the same problem. I went to Curves for a whole year and lost 7 lbs. 7lbs! I've got a new dr I'm seeing tomorrow which I hope will help. Her name is Ebert. I will let you know what she says.
WOW, what a meanie! I'm sorry you had to hear that. No, you're not crazy! Good luck!
I can't believe that Dr.s can be so insensitive! Maybe they will be better when they get to know your more as well. I agree, they need to know how hard you work WHEN you can! If not, just keep coming to get zoned....let's see how that works!
Your header picture of your kids is dang cute! I meant to tell you I walked up to the school the other day and the swing set is still there, but the trampoline is gone.
Sorry about your Dr. Ask her about the HCG diet. Look at it online first and then ask her. It takes ALOT of self control and it's kinda boring, but it works. I lost 15 lbs. last month doing it for 23 days. Let me know if you check it out.
I'm sorry that you are not feeling well!!... That has got to be so frustrating to go to the doctor for help and then be treated like that!! Shame on her!
I was thinking the HCG diet, and then I saw that Jamaia had mentioned it... check in to it anyway.
I can't believe how big the kids are getting!! Well, good luck with everything.. I will be thinking about you.
I am still in the process of updating my blog... I know it's pretty bad.. it just takes so much time to do all that catch-up!!! huh!!
Post a Comment