Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day....

(Sorry these pictures got messed up. I forgot to put them on first. Uggh!)



Kiersten started the weekend off with Mom's and Muffins at school on Friday. She is so cute and was so excited for us to come. She sang me some great songs and wrote a cute recipe with her favorite food I make. It went like this:


Egg Sandwiches
cook eggs first
Cut off the crust (on the bread)
Start eating them, and you are done.
Set cheese on it.
Sausage on it.
I don't like macaroni in it
I don't like flags in it, or alphabet, or markers, or stickers
That's pretty much it!!!


She gave me a cute flower too that they made and put a sucker in it. It was really fun. I can't believe my baby is getting so big:)


Flower she made.


Kiersten and her good friend Riley


Then, Saturday, after Trevyn won the soccer game, I finished planting my garden. Now I just hope it grows. So far the peas and strawberries are doing awesome. It is going to be a big chore however. I forgot how much work they are but am still excited. The kids are really excited to go pick the food. I can't wait to eat it however. Gardens are the best.


Sunday, Erik and the kids made me a yummy breakfast before church. They got everything for the BBQ after church ready. Witnee gave me lots of cards (she is very crafty) and a picture frame with a poem and a picture she had drawn. Very cute. Trevyn made this calendar at school and thoughout it are his hand prints to remember how small his hands are with a card with a poem. It was really cute. It was to the effect of " Though my hands leave dirty hand prints, etc. all over, here's a calendar to remember these times because I will get big and this will all be gone. " Kind of sad, but true it is. They grow up so fast. Kiersten made me a mug that she had drawn on and also a card. I loved all of it. Erik and the kids got me a Magic Bullet Mixer. I wanted one really bad to mix my shakes in, and it works fabulous. Quick, Easy, and Delicious. What else could you ask for? Then, after church we went out for our usual BBQ with the family. It is really fun. The guys make it all. They BBQ'd steaks this year. YUMMY! My dad makes mean baked beans (which I absolutely love). We play badminton too, which I remember as being easier to play when I was younger. I love it, but I don't think there is any sport that makes you feel more uncoordinated then badminton. I just chalk it up to getting old:) It was an awesome day.

2 comments:

Elise said...

You look so good! (I love your hair, by the way.) I can't believe Kiersten is so big!

Joe~n~Meg said...

Isn't Mother's Day the best?! You look fantastic! I envy the garden-I don't have the patience, so good for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
Megan