Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving.....












Thanksgiving was alot of fun this year. I did my first 5K on Thanksgiving morning. It was cold and fun. My brother and dad were kind enough to do it with me. We did the Draper Human Race. All the proceeds went to the Utah Food Bank. They made their goal of $50,000.00. It was nice to go run and then not feel guilty about my Thaksgiving dinner. I have to say I was nervous because I run but I've never run in a "race". I am going to try and train for the Ogden 1/2 marathon in May. That is my goal.

After the race, we had a great Thanksgiving dinner. It was yummy turkey and all the dressings. It was just my family, my mother-in-law, and my parents. We ate and then went to my Dad's school gym. It is lots of fun, and it gets us moving after our turkey dinner. I do have to say that I had 1 plate, no seconds, and one slice of pie. SO I was proud of myself. At the gym we do all those things that I grew up doing: saucers, basketball, hula hoop, dodge ball. It is definitely fun, family time.

Then we raced home to get ready to leave to Las Vegas on friday. We went down and went to "The Lion King" production. If you have never seen it, it is amazing. The music, dancers, and performers are all amazing. Their costumes are truly amazing. They look like the animals (simba, scar, rafiki). I went to it 4 years ago in Spokane, WA, and thought it was great. The kids said it was "awesome". It is well worth your money. We, of course, also had a great time swimming at the Trendwest resort. Always a great time. It was beautiful weather there. We stopped in St.George and saw some friends on our way home. I STILL miss St. George like no other. WILL I EVER STOP MISSING THAT PLACE? I don't know. When I go there, I never want to leave. (sigh) AND then we got home. It was/is cold. I had to pull out the coats. UGH!

Now we are on to Christmas. We got home and got the Christmas up, which I truly enjoy. I love the excitement of the kids. Me and Erik just sat and watched the kids decorate the tree this year. They did a darn good job too. It is weird that my kids are old enough to do this, and they didn't break any of the ornaments. I guess I'm on to the next phase of life. Here's to life ever changing!!!

3 comments:

The Pollock Family said...

You look so cute! I love the hair. I miss you tons. We might be able to move back to Utah next year!!

Elise said...

I would miss St. George, too! I LOOOVE it here. & You are awesome to do a 5K on Thanksgiving. I did a short little run that morning and then ate about 5 billion calories to make up for it. :)

Jamie said...

I never lived in St. George, but I miss it all the time too! It holds a special place in my heart! Every time we go there, I feel like I can breathe! We might go for New Year's or something...you should join us :)