Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Draper Temple...

We took the kids and went to the Draper Temple open house. That temple is amazing. It is gorgeous. My kids loved it and thankfully were very well behaved. There was a young men's group in front of us, and their leaders kept saying that they needed to take notes from my kids. They were out of control and touching everything. It was so annoying. Anyways, I asked my kids what they learned from the temple and what was their favorite part. This is what they said:

Trevyn--favorite part and what he learned was the celestial room because the brightness reminded him of rainbows and the light of Christ.

Witnee--favorite part was the baptismal font and she learned that when she is 12 she gets to go do baptisms for the dead.

Kiersten--favorite part was the chandelier in the celestial room and she learned that Jesus is our rock.

I was pretty impressed that they learned that. I can't really explain how pretty this temple is (of course they are all pretty). I can't wait to go back when it is open and see the grounds and do a session. It was a great family home evening and we were glad to explain to them that we are a forever family and the importance of that in the sealing room. It was a great night.

No comments: