Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Look who turned 7......

Witnee is now 7 years old. I can't believe it. On Memorial Day weekend, she flew to Butte, MT, with her grandma and spent the weekend riding horses and hanging out with grandma's brother and family. She had a blast. Aunt Marjorie and her have the same birthday, so they made cupcakes early to celebrate. Of all my kids, she is my cowgirl. She could live on a ranch and be just fine. Then, she came back and we had to get ready for her party. I always think that doing a party at home is cheaper, BUT I don't think it really is. When we finished getting the stuff for her party, I offered to take it all back and go to a swimming pool with friends. I figured that would have been cheaper in the end to take 10 kids to the pool, but she wanted nothing to do with that. She wanted her party at home with her friends. It was her party so I had to go along with it. It ended up being fun, but they are just so much darn work. The girls decorated flip flops, did a pinata, had cake and ice cream, had a water balloon fight, and ran through the sprinkle at the very end. At the end, I asked her what her favorite part was, and of course it was the water balloons. I should have just done a full water party the whole time. She said she had fun and it was a fun group of kids. I can't believe how fast they grow up. Next year she'll be getting baptized. AAAHHHH! She is our peacemaker, musician, artist, daredevil, and easy going child. She is such a joy in our family.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hooray, you figured out the collage... Cute! Love that little Miss 7 Whitney girl!!

Jenny May McKim said...

Miss Whitney is so adorable and so looks like you... I can't believe she is 7 already either.. Where have the years gone since we were roommates??