Thursday, November 6, 2008

QUESTION???????

I want to hear everyone's take on being private or not on the blogging world?! I kind of figure that people will get at you one way or another so whatever. BUT maybe I'm wrong? What does everyone else think? Let me know.

6 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

A lot of my friends are going private but I'm not. Once you go private you aren't updated on the blog list and that is one feature I love. I hate checking blogs and finding there are no new posts so I don't check the ones that are private very often. I agree there are a lot of psychos out there but there are zillions of blogs out there and I just don't think the odds are that high that I will be the one they target. And if I am oh well I'm a nobody and I hope they have fun with my pictures of dirty laundry and messy house.

Shannon said...

Hmmm. I have the same questions as you, but Kathy has some good points there. I keep thinking I will, but figure I may be blocking connections with some freinds and family that I don't have there e-mail to invite. But just keep in mind that all of your pictures and thoughts are now public property:)

David said...

As one who has had a public blog for quite some time, I can say that there are definitely pros and cons. The biggest pro is increased connectivity (i.e. there are persons with whom I wouldn’t be in contact with if mine were private). Private blogs also loose the possibility of content driven RSS feeds, as stated above, along with the ability to make any money. That said, from experience, one should never state information on a public blog that one wouldn’t be willing to shout out loud to everyone. For example, any old boyfriend. ;)

BTW, you have a great looking family. I’ve wondered about you for years and am very happy to see that life seems to have treated you well.

Jamie said...

Well, as you know, I'm going private in a few days. I think it will just be better for us. It's funny cuz I never thought I would! I like being on the updated blog list, but all of the friends I have who are private, i still check...so whatever you decide...it is up to you:)

JaNece said...

I am in agreeance with the "keep it public" group. Just don't put anything on it that you don't want others to know. :)

Tiffany Unsworth said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family you have, April! It's fun to see you again after so many years! I hope life is so so good for you! My blog's public (for now :)